Incremental copy lets you update team or channel data that has changed in your source since your last Cloud copy migration.
- You have completed the initial copy with Copy an entire team as a new team or Copy channels into an existing team.
- The prerequisites from the initial copy operation above apply.
Note: Cloud copy does not work on GCC or GCC High environments due to some Microsoft 365 restrictions.
To make an incremental copy of a previous copy operation:
- Log in to ShareGate.
- Select Cloud copy in the sidebar.
- Click next to the desired copy operation in your Recent copies.
- Review the summary of your incremental copy, then click
What is copied or updated in incremental copy
Your destination is updated with changes made to the source since your last copy. These changes include:
- The settings and configuration of your teams.
- The settings and configuration of your channels.
- New apps.
- New tabs.
- New conversation messages and their replies.
- Team membership, including private channels.
- The Microsoft 365 group associated with your team.
- The Planner plans within your team.
- The site collection associated with the team, and site collections associated with your private channels.
- Site collections associated with your team are updated with the same Copy if newer (incremental) method as ShareGate's migration tool.
Note: Your Teams objects at the destination are replaced with their most recent version from the source based on the last modified date. Objects with the same name are overwritten unless versioning is activated, which will add a new version at the destination.