Here are a few tips to help you with your Box (Box.com) migration:
- The ShareGate migration tool will not be able to migrate files that have been Locked by an inactive user, those will give errors in the Migration report. If you wish to migrate those files, you will need to unlock them using your Box Admin Console.
- The ShareGate migration tool will not be able to import the documents of an inactive user. To find all your inactive users you can use the
- To preserve Tags from your Box environment, name a column Tags at your destination or add an Enterprise Keyword column in your destination list. This way, the ShareGate migration tool automatically migrates all Tags to your destination list and creates new Terms for each Tag.
- Box Notes and Bookmarks from Box are not yet supported by the ShareGate migration tool and will display an error in the Migration report when they are encountered during migration. To keep their content, manually copy it into a supported document type such as a Word Document.
- Ensure you have correct user mappings between your Box and Microsoft 365 environments. To ensure the proper behavior, make sure the email of the user is the same in both your environments.
- Only the files that are owned by the user are migrated. If the user is a collaborator or co-owner of a file, it will not be copied during the migration.
- If you experience considerable performance issues, see Box.com throttling.