Before you can use Box with ShareGate, authorization through your Box admin account must be granted. For more details, consult the Box documentation at Box Authorization.
Authorize the ShareGate migration tool
To authorize the ShareGate migration tool to connect to a Box enterprise account, you must do the following:
- Log into Box.com with admin credentials.
- Select Admin Console from the menu.
- Select Apps.
- Click the Custom Apps Manager tab above Box Apps & Integrations.
- Click Add App.
- Enter the following API key as the Client ID:
Once authorized, ShareGate is connected to your enterprise Box account.
Disable unpublished applications
If you need to disable unpublished applications:
- Follow steps (1) to (4) above.
- Click App Settings.
- Toggle on Disable unpublished apps by default.
- Click Save.
When this setting is on, additional steps are required to enable applications. Admin account holders can manually enable unpublished applications from the Custom Apps Manager screen:
- Highlight the disabled app.
- Click the ellipsis ("...").
- Select Enable App.
- The application is now able to access content.
For more information, consult the Box article, Managing custom apps - Using global app settings.