You will need to map your network drives before using Source analysis, Download content, and Import from file share to access your file server in the migration tool.
Note: You cannot directly access your network drives with a UNC path (e.g., \\server\share) in the migration tool. You can only use UNC paths with PowerShell or by using a spreadsheet.
How to map your network drive
- In Windows, open File Explorer.
- Select This PC (can also be called My Computer or Computer) in the left pane.
- Select Map network drive in the ribbon.
- Select a letter for the drive from the dropdown menu.
- In the Folder field, enter the network drive address, or click Browse to search using Network discovery.
- Click Finish
- Once the drive is mapped, it will appear in the application (You might have to click on the refresh button if it was already opened).