When running the Pre-Check Report, the ShareGate migration tool displays the following message:
the ShareGate migration tool is sometimes unable to link an unexpected error to an article in our Knowledge Base even though it is a known issue. Such errors are grouped together to keep the number of messages displayed at a manageable level.
Common causes for these errors:
- SharePoint failing to respond in a timely fashion.
- An unexpected response returned on a the ShareGate migration tool request.
It is important to note that items that get listed under Other errors will not be migrated when you attempt to perform the actual copy.
Since these errors are generally unexpected, there is no definitive solution for them.
We recommend you to:
- Investigate these on a case-by-case basis.
- You can get more information about the error by first double-clicking on the Other errors row in the Pre-Check Report tab, and then double-clicking on an individual item in the Pre-Check Details tab.
- Once you have more information, you are welcome to reach out to our amazing support team who will go out of their way to help you resolve these issues. We are constantly monitoring the errors that fall into the Other errors category to determine when we should include a new article in our Knowledge Base that will be valuable to our customers.
Please rest assured that we remain committed to helping you complete successful migrations!