When attempting to copy an element, ShareGate's migration tool displays one of the following error messages:
- The content database has run out of free space.
- There was an error while uploading the file. This is likely due to an issue with the content database, such as running out of space.
- An error occurred between SharePoint and its database: 'Error details'
- An error occurred while updating the file. This may happen if the file was deleted, or if there is an issue with the content database, such as running out of space.
Any error code ending with: -041 or -042
This error occurs when SharePoint says there is an issue with the content database.
On premises SharePoint server
If you have an on premises SharePoint server you can verify the following elements (if you do not have access to the SharePoint server, contact your SharePoint administrator):
- Make sure there is enough free space on the destination SharePoint content database server.
If there is enough free space for the content database:
- Enable and increase the database autogrowth setting if your destination is an on premises version of SharePoint.
- Consult the SharePoint ULS logs to get more details about the error if your destination is an on premises version of SharePoint. It should contain details about an SQL error or a communication error with the database.
- Reduce the Performance Options in the ShareGate migration tool to limit the amount of requests that the tool sends.
It is returned by the Microsoft 365 online server and it can be the result of a number of issues that are not made obvious.
It tends to occur with heavier loads to the server. We recommend that you retry the operation on a smaller scope if possible.
Splitting your migration in smaller jobs should help you get past the error. It can also help you pinpoint what is causing the error if it still occurs.
If you still get the error
Our support team can help you analyse the issue if you keep getting the error. To get a faster resolution, please provide the following information when submitting your request:
- Are you using the latest version of the ShareGate migration tool?
- Include a copy of your migration report.
- Explain what you have you tried to solve the issue.