This article will explain the Import from Google Drive connection screen.
- Select Copy.
- Click Import from Google Drive.
- Enter your Google account email address.
- Select your connection options:
- Connect as Admin allows you to migrate multiple users, select (if you have the appropriate permissions).
- Show as default email address allows the ShareGate migration tool to load this email address by default when opening the Import from Google Drive tool in the future.
- Click Connect.
- You will now see the Google Authentication screen.
- Enter your email address or phone number.
- Click Next.
- Enter your password and click Next.
- You will be prompted to give the ShareGate migration tool access in Google Drive (you may see different options if using administrator mode).
- Click Allow.
Note: You can revoke the ShareGate migration tool's access at any time by managing your Google account's permissions. If you do so, the next time you Import from Google Drive, you will need to re-consent
- You will now be connected to Google Drive on your Source.
2-Step Authentication (optional)
You can set up a 2-step authentication process on your Google account.
If you do so, Google asks for a code that is sent to a mobile device to prove your identity. Otherwise, you will not see this window.