SharePoint has some file size limitations you could face when copying your content.
Maximum upload size for a document in a library
- SharePoint on-premises before SharePoint 2016: 2 gigabytes
- SharePoint 2016: 10 gigabytes
- SharePoint 2019: 15 gigabytes
- Microsoft 365: 250 gigabytes
Note: For SharePoint on-premises, the maximum upload size can be lowered or increased in your web application's settings. In Microsoft 365, that limit cannot be changed.
Maximum upload size for a list item attachment
- SharePoint on-premises: 50 megabytes
- Microsoft 365: 250 megabytes
Note: For SharePoint on-premises, the maximum upload size for list item attachments can be modified. In Microsoft 365, that limit cannot be changed.
Insane mode on-premises packages your information to increase the migration speed. For example, the migration tool packages list items and sends all the attachments and metadata with your list items. This means the size limitation now applies to the entire package and not to a single element as usual.