- When running Source analysis, you will see a rule notifying you of the number of checked-out files. When you click on [?], you are notified that: Changes that were made since the last checked-in version will be lost during the migration.
- You migrate checked-out files, and you lose any changes made since the last checked-in version.
Sharegate does not support the migration of Checked Out documents. So if a document is Checked Out, Sharegate can only migrate the last version which was Checked In.
Check in all checked out documents by following the procedure in the article, Check in all checked out documents.
If you are unsure which documents are checked out:
- Open Sharegate.
- Select All reports from the sidebar.
- Click Create custom report.
- Select the object type Document.
- Add the filters: Checked out status - Is - Checked out.
- Specify the columns you want to see in the results.
Note: If you are on a shared site, you may want to add an additional column: Checked out to.
- Save & Continue.
- Save your new report.
- Select your target site or list and library.
- Click Next.
- Run the report now or schedule the report to run later