When performing a migration, you get this error message:
The page cannot be copied because it contains modern web parts that are not supported by the destination library.
Modern pages associated with Microsoft's "New Experience" are not supported for migrations to on-premises versions of SharePoint. To use them, the Site Pages feature must be activated to enable the Site Page content type.
These errors can occur when migrating a page to an environment other than SharePoint Online and Microsoft 365 or when the content type mapping is not Site Page.
If copying to Microsoft 365, ensure that the Site Page feature is activated at the site level and that the site content type Site Page is available.
This can also be done in ShareGate's migration tool with the following steps:
- Select Explore in the Sidebar menu.
- Search for or scroll down to your site.
- Select your site.
- Select Manage next to Site features at the bottom of the Quick actions menu at the right.
- Select Site Pages in the Select features dropdown.
- Select Activate in the Site Pages dropdown.
If the feature is already activated, ensure that the Site Page content type is available in the destination library and review the content type mappings to ensure that the source content type is correctly mapped to Site Page at the destination.