When you activate your license in ShareGate's migration tool, a machine code is generated from a combination of your user account and your machine information. That code is then used to keep track of that activation.
If your workstation is offline or the migration tool is unable to contact the licensing server, ShareGate cannot record your activation with the machine code. In this case, an offline activation is necessary.
If you need to transfer an offline license activation, you will have to deactivate it through an offline deactivation process before using it on a new workstation or for another user.
Offline license activation
- Select Settings from the sidebar in the migration tool.
- Select Licenses.
- Click Offline activation at the bottom of the Log in to your account form.
- If you have online access, a browser window will open. Continue to step (4).
- If you do not have online access, copy the Machine code in the migration tool and continue to step (4) from an online machine. You can access the Offline activation page through this link.
- Enter your License Key, Machine Code (if it was not automatically filled in), Activation Name, First Name, Last Name, and email address.
- Click Download.
- A Sharegate.sglic file will download to your computer. If you are on a machine other than your own, save the file to USB or send it to yourself via your preferred sharing method.
- On your machine, return to the migration tool.
- Click in the Offline activation screen.
- Locate the Sharegate.sglic file in your Downloads folder.
- Select the file, and click Open.
- You can return to Settings/Licenses in the app to see your Active licenses.
Offline license transfer
- Open the ShareGate migration tool on the workstation you want to deactivate it from.
- Select Settings from the sidebar, then select Licenses.
- Click next to the Machine code.
- Access the Offline deactivation page from a computer with online access.
- In the Offline deactivation page, enter your Machine code in field (1).
- Click Generate deactivation code. A code will be generated in field (2).
- Click Copy to clipboard.
- In the app, under Settings -> Licenses, paste this code into the deactivation screen.
- Click Deactivate. You will receive a confirmation code.
- Copy the confirmation code.
- Paste the confirmation code into field (3) on the Offline Deactivation page.
- Click Confirm deactivation.
- Install the migration tool on the new workstation.
- Activate your license:
- If the new installation is on a workstation that does not have online access to ShareGate's licensing server, follow the offline license activation process above.
- If the new installation is on a workstation that has online access to ShareGate's licensing server, follow the regular license activation process.