ShareGate's end-user app lets you view and access your organization's team creation templates. Creating teams from the end-user app ensures new teams have the most ideal settings.
Create a team from a template
In Microsoft Teams:
- Select from the sidebar.
- If you can't find the ShareGate end-user app in the Teams sidebar, you should be able to find it from the dotted menu.
- Select Create new.
- Scroll through the list of available templates.
- Select a template to view its details.
- With the desired template selected, click Use this template.
- Enter a team name.
- Provide a team description (optional).
- Use the search field to add team owners.
- When you create a team, you become one of its owners. Add additional co-workers to meet the minimum owner limit set by your IT admin if necessary.
- Click Create team.
- If the selected template requires approval, you'll see a Send approval request button instead. Click the button, and you'll receive a notification when an approver has responded to your request. You can view the status of your request from the end-user app.
- Team names are limited to 50 characters. There are some unsupported characters (for example, / and *).
- You can't create multiple teams with the same name.
- You can't proceed to step (9) unless you have assigned the minimum number of owners required by your IT admin for your chosen template.
- There are no drafts. Your progress does not get saved if you click Exit.