As a team or group owner, you might receive a ShareGate Teams chatbot notification that asks you to take action on a certain task.
This notification is sent because your IT admin uses ShareGate to create governance policies for the teams and groups in your organization. The ShareGate Teams chatbot is the collaboration tool to get these policies put in place.
Note: Governance policies are the guidelines that your IT admin can create with ShareGate to keep your organization secure and clutter-free.
- What types of notifications should I expect?
- What happens when I answer the notification?
- Why is it sent via Teams chat?
- Will the notification appear in my Teams Activity?
- Will I get messages all the time?
- Can I @ the ShareGate Teams chatbot in a channel?
- How do I take action?
- What if I made a mistake?
What types of notifications should I expect?
You will receive a welcome message from the ShareGate Teams chatbot.
Then, depending on the policies that your IT admin has set up with ShareGate, you might receive:
- An external sharing review notification when your IT admin wants you to review external sharing links and guest access in your teams or groups.
- An inactivity detection notification if your team or group has been inactive for too long (that is, there has been no activity in that team or group for longer than your IT admin thinks is safe for your organization).
- A purpose tag notification to label your team or group based on its business purpose.
- A sensitivity tag notification to label the data sensitivity level of your team or group. The tag you choose helps your IT admin apply the right security settings.
What happens when I answer the notification?
When you answer our chatbot, you will receive confirmation that the action was successful and your IT admin will receive notice that you've completed the task.
Why is it sent via Teams chat?
Microsoft Teams chat is an easy way for you to take action on the governance policies your IT admin has set up with ShareGate, all while continuing to be productive in your teams and daily work.
Will the notification appear in my Teams Activity?
No. The chatbot notifications will only appear in the Chat section of Teams and will not appear in the Activity.
Will I get messages all the time?
No. The ShareGate Teams chatbot will only reach out to you as needed---depending on the governance policies your IT admin has set up with ShareGate.
Can I @ the ShareGate Teams chatbot in a channel?
No. The ShareGate Teams chatbot is a one-on-one conversation between you and ShareGate. Interactions are only through chat.
How do I take action?
For more information on each type of notification you can receive, including step-by-step instructions on how to take action, see:
- Take action on external sharing and guest access.
- Take action on inactivity.
- Take action on purpose and sensitivity.
What if I made a mistake?
If you think there was a mistake answering our chatbot, contact your IT team so they can make the right changes.
Tip: You can also find more information here, I gave the ShareGate Teams chatbot the wrong answer, what do I do?