An external sharing review lasts for 14 days from the day it started, meaning that owners have 14 days to review and remove the external sharing links and guests in their teams and groups.
A review is complete if all owners have performed their reviews or if 14 days have passed since the start of the review (regardless of whether the owners have performed their reviews).
Status email frequency
ShareGate sends you 2 status emails related to the external sharing review process:
- ShareGate's external sharing review starts today! - The first email is sent the day the review begins. The email includes information on the number of teams and groups to be reviewed, if a sensitivity tag is involved, and a link to see the review details.
- Details for the latest external shares review are in! - The second email is sent when an external sharing review is completed. The email includes summary statistics, the schedule for the next review, and a link for more details.
Set a specific email address to receive admin notifications from Settings > Notifications:
- Navigate to Recipient account.
- Type a valid name or email address in the Email or contact name field.
- Once found, select the account.
The account that currently receives admin notifications is shown under Current account.