ShareGate will work for the vast majority of organizations. However, be aware that the following situations are not currently supported.
- Organizations with over 20,000 Microsoft 365 groups
- Organizations with Microsoft national cloud deployment
- Other limitations
Organizations with over 20,000 Microsoft 365 groups
Currently, we do not support organizations with over 20,000 Microsoft 365 groups. If you have more than 20,000 groups, you will not be able to connect and use ShareGate Management.
To check how many Microsoft 365 groups you have before connecting, visit your Microsoft 365 admin center and go to your Groups page.
Note: If you'd like to test ShareGate's compatibility with Microsoft 365 environments that have over 20,000 groups, please book a discussion with our Technical Product Manager.
My organization has a very large number of Office 365 users. Will ShareGate work for us?
If you have a very large number of users but have less than 20,000 Microsoft 365 groups, ShareGate Management will work for your organization.
Organizations with Microsoft national cloud
Due to several limitations in terms of the Microsoft APIs used by ShareGate to function as intended, the following Microsoft national cloud deployments are not currently supported:
- Microsoft 365 US Government - GCC
- Microsoft 365 US Government - GCC High and DoD
- Microsoft 365 China operated by 21Vianet
- Microsoft 365 Germany
Note: If you'd like to test ShareGate's compatibility with GCC, please book a discussion with our Technical Product Manager.
- For now, only Public and Private Teams channels appear in the team and group details. We do not yet support Shared channels.
- Management notifications (for example, emails sent to owners) are only available in English at this time.
- To give consent to ShareGate, your tenant must have a standard URL in the form
https://tenant_name.sharepoint.com. We do not provide support for custom URLs.
- There are some limitations specific to external sharing reviews. For more information, see External sharing - Troubleshooting.
- Naming structure impacts how archived content is copied to OneDrive for Business.
- At this time, we do not support the management of Microsoft 365 from GoDaddy.