What is supported?
- The migration of Nintex Workflows and Nintex Forms from on-premises to on-premises, versions 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and SharePoint Subscription Edition (SharePoint SE).
- The app will also copy dependencies (content types, reusable workflows, etc.), forms (default and InfoPath), User Defined Actions, workflow constants, and Nintex live actions.
- The migration of Nintex Workflows and Nintex Forms from on-premises 2007-SE to Microsoft 365.
- The migration of 30 on-premises actions to Microsoft 365 (see the table below for more details).
- The migration of Nintex Workflows and Nintex Forms from Microsoft 365 to on-premises 2010-SE.
- The migration of Nintex Workflows and Nintex Forms from Microsoft 365 to Microsoft 365 for all actions that are available.
- The migration of Nintex Workflow history from on-premises to on-premises.
- Reporting on Nintex Workflows (look for Platform type in your workflow reports).
- New Responsive Forms.
Note: As of November 2021, the ShareGate migration tool is no longer able to provide full support for SharePoint Server 2003 and 2007, which are past the end of their Microsoft support lifetime. For more information, see Contacting our technical support team.
What is not supported?
At the moment, we do not support:
- Workflow status. For more on viewing your workflow, see Nintex Workflows only visible in View Workflow History.
- Workflow Scheduler.
- Workflow Cloud.
- Start conditions are not supported when going to Microsoft 365.
- Nintex Site Collection Reusable Workflows, since they are linked to Globally Reusable Workflows.
- The ShareGate migration tool does not transform SharePoint Designer and InfoPath forms to Nintex Forms.
- Custom ASPX forms.
- The following settings: Workflow error notification settings, Message Template settings, Lazy Approval settings, and Workflow change approval settings.
- Allowed Workflow actions and Allowed Workflow designers.
- Workflow templates
- Workflow statistics and snippets
- Nintex web parts for Workflows and Forms.
- Custom Workflow actions (for example, built with Visual Studio).
- The migration of item-related data persisted by Nintex Forms between an on-prem SharePoint server and Microsoft 365.
Supported actions for migrations to Microsoft 365
|Action name on-premises
|Mapped action in Microsoft 365
|Assign Flexi task
|Start a Task Process
|Add Time to Date
|Check in item
|Check In Item
|Check out item
|Check Out Item
|Commit Pending Changes
|Create List Item
|Delete Item WM Action
|Discard check out
|Discard Check Out Item
|Terminate Current Workflow
|Log in history list
|Log to History List
|Loop with Condition
|Pause For Duration
|Run parallel actions
|Send an email
|Set a condition
|Set field value
|Set field in current item
|Set Workflow Variable
|Set workflow status
|Set Workflow Status
|Update List Item