What is supported?
- The migration of Nintex Workflows and Nintex Forms from on-premises to on-premises, versions 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
- When migrating Nintex Workflows, the app will migrate dependencies such as list sites, content types, and reusable workflows for on-premises versions 2007-2019; Default and InfoPath forms; User Defined Actions for on-premises versions 2007-2019; Workflow constants; and Nintex Live actions.
- The migration of Nintex Workflows and Nintex Forms from on-premises 2007-2019 to Microsoft 365.
- The migration of 30 on-premises actions to Microsoft 365 (see the table below for more details).
- The migration of Nintex Workflows and Nintex Forms from Microsoft 365 to on-premises 2010-2019.
- The migration of Nintex Workflows and Nintex Forms from Microsoft 365 to Microsoft 365 for all actions that are available.
- The migration of Nintex Workflow history from on-premises to on-premises.
- Reporting on Nintex Workflows (look for Platform type in your workflow reports).
- New Responsive Forms.
Note: As of November 2021, the ShareGate migration tool is no longer able to provide full support for SharePoint Server 2003 and 2007, which are past the end of their Microsoft support lifetime. For more information, see Contacting our technical support team.
What is not supported?
At the moment, we do not support:
- Nintex workflows and forms when migrating to SharePoint Server Edition (SharePoint SE).
- Workflow status. For more on viewing your workflow, see Nintex Workflows only visible in View Workflow History.
- Workflow Scheduler.
- Workflow Cloud.
- Start conditions are not supported when going to Microsoft 365.
- Nintex Site Collection Reusable Workflows, since they are linked to Globally Reusable Workflows.
- The ShareGate migration tool does not transform SharePoint Designer and InfoPath forms to Nintex Forms.
- Custom ASPX forms.
- The following settings - Workflow error notification settings, Message Template settings, Lazy Approval settings, and Workflow change approval settings.
- Allowed Workflow actions and Allowed Workflow designers.
- Workflow templates
- Workflow statistics and snippets
- Nintex web parts for Workflows and Forms.
- Custom Workflow actions (for example, built with Visual Studio).
Supported actions for migrations to Microsoft 365
|Action name on-premises||Mapped action in Microsoft 365|
|Action set||Action set|
|Assign Flexi task||Start a Task Process|
|Build String||Build String|
|Calculate date||Add Time to Date|
|Change state||Change State|
|Check in item||Check In Item|
|Check out item||Check Out Item|
|Commit Pending Changes|
|Convert Value||Convert Value|
|Create item||Create List Item|
|Delete item||Delete Item WM Action|
|Discard check out||Discard Check Out Item|
|End workflow||Terminate Current Workflow|
|For Each||For Each|
|Log in history list||Log to History List|
|Loop||Loop with Condition|
|Math operation||Do Calculation|
|Pause for...||Pause For Duration|
|Pause until...||Pause Until|
|Query List||Query List|
|Regular expression||Regular Expression|
|Run if||Run If|
|Run parallel actions||Parallel Block|
|Send notification||Send an email|
|Set a condition||Conditional Branch|
|Set field value||Set field in current item|
|Set variable||Set Workflow Variable|
|Set workflow status||Set Workflow Status|
|State machine||State Machine|
|Twitter Tweet||Twitter Tweet|
|Update item||Update List Item|
|Yammer message||Yammer Message|