ShareGate's Cloud copy allows you to copy teams within a tenant or across tenants, with the convenience of cloud access from anywhere.
This article covers Cloud copy. For information about Copy teams in the migration tool, see our Copy teams section.
Note: Cloud copy is intended to move simpler and smaller teams (roughly 50GB or less) one at a time. To move many or more significant, complex teams, use Copy teams in the migration tool instead.
Access Cloud copy
You can find Cloud copy in ShareGate on the web.
To create or access your ShareGate account, see ShareGate Home overview.
In ShareGate, select Cloud copy from the sidebar.
Cloud copy has three main features. To learn how to use each feature or to learn specific considerations and information about them, click on the desired feature below:
- Copy an entire team as a new team
- Merge an entire team into an existing team
- Copy channels into an existing team
- Cloud copy has the same limitations as Copy teams. We recommend reading the Copy teams limitations article before using Cloud copy.
- Cloud copy does not work on GCC or GCC High environments due to some Microsoft 365 restrictions.
- Only 3 Cloud copy operations per user can run simultaneously. Any new copy launched past these 3 operations will be queued and processed when the others finish.
- Since you are creating new teams at the destination, team members will receive an email informing them that they are part of the new team.