- What types of chatbot notifications are there?
- What happens when I answer the notification?
- Why is it sent via Teams chat?
- Will the notification appear in my Teams Activity?
- Will I get messages all the time?
- Can I @ the ShareGate Teams chatbot in a channel?
- How do I take action?
- I gave the ShareGate Teams chatbot the wrong answer; what do I do?
What types of chatbot notifications are there?
Initially, you will receive a welcome message from the ShareGate Teams chatbot.
Then, depending on the policies that your IT admin has set up with ShareGate, you might receive:
- External sharing review notifications when your IT admin wants you to review external sharing links and guest access in your teams or groups.
- Inactivity detection notifications if your team or group has been inactive for too long (that is, there has been no activity in that team or group for longer than your IT admin thinks is safe for your organization).
- Purpose tag notifications to label your team or group based on its business purpose.
- Sensitivity tag notifications to label the data sensitivity level of your team or group. The tag you choose helps your IT admin apply the right security settings.
- Approval request notifications for team creation actions if your IT admin has assigned you as a template's approver.
- Approval outcome notifications to let you know whether your team creation request was approved or denied.
What happens when I answer the notification?
When you answer our chatbot, you will receive confirmation that the action was successful, and your IT admin will receive notice that you've completed the task.
Why is it sent via Teams chat?
Microsoft Teams chat is an easy way for you to take action on the governance policies your IT admin has set up with ShareGate, all while continuing to be productive in your teams and daily work.
Will the notification appear in my Teams Activity?
No. The chatbot notifications will only appear in the Chat section of Teams and will not appear in the Activity.
Will I get messages all the time?
No. The ShareGate Teams chatbot will only reach out to you as needed---depending on the governance policies your IT admin has set up with ShareGate.
Can I @ the ShareGate Teams chatbot in a channel?
No. The ShareGate Teams chatbot is a one-on-one conversation between you and ShareGate. Interactions are only through chat.
How do I take action?
For more information on each type of notification you can receive, including step-by-step instructions on how to take action, see:
- Take action on external sharing and guest access.
- Take action on inactivity.
- Take action on purpose and sensitivity.
I gave the ShareGate Teams chatbot the wrong answer; what do I do?
If you accidentally answered our chatbot incorrectly, contact your IT team and ask them to update your response manually.