The ShareGate migration tool determines that a site is unused when it has not been modified in the past 6 months.
To determine the last modified date of a site, the ShareGate migration tool uses the latest date from the following:
- Creation date of the site
- Creation date of a list in the site
- Last modified date of an item from a list in the site
- Last date an item was deleted from a list in the site
Run the Report
- Click All reports
- Click Unused Site Report under Built-in reports.
- Select the target of the report.
- Click Next.
- Set your options.
- Click Schedule or Run now.
- You will now get a list of all unused sited associated to your selected target.
Take Action on Unused Sites
- Select the site(s) you wish to delete.
- Click Download from the Quick actions menu.
- Select your preferred configuration.
- Click Download.
- Select your preferred location for the download.
- Click OK.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Return to your Unused Site Report by clicking Back.
- The site(s) you downloaded should still be selected, if not, select them again.
- Click Delete permanently.
To learn how to modify a report and save it (add filters and add/remove columns), see Custom reports.
For more on reports, see Reporting options.
Tip: Looking to set your own time range? Run a custom report, select Site as your Object type, and Filter to Last modified date -> Older than, then input your time range.