Version: ShareGate Desktop 7.2
Date: 6 February 2017
Improvements to the interface and user experience.
- You can now filter specific task types, which makes finding Migration Reports, Pre-Checks, Inventory Reports, and so on a breeze!
- You will enjoy a more intuitive flow, and better screen tips to help you out as you go.
- We improved the look of the first-time connection screen, added better screen tips to help you out as you go, and made sure the option to connect to all site collections is clear.
- You can now select a target for your migration using list view, just like you are used to in the Explorer!
One more level to help you manage better!
- Drill-down to the document level in the Explorer list view.
Connection-loss won't mean confusion.
- ShareGate Desktop detects the loss of a connection to your farm, and will notify you as well as indicate the connection loss in the explorer and Quick Actions panel.
- If a connection to an environment is lost, ShareGate Desktop will pause any running tasks on that environment.
- You will no longer continue to see the notification that your environment is offline once it has in fact been reconnected.
Visibility on broken inheritance.
- ShareGate Desktop lets you know from the Explorer list view if an item has broken inheritance.
- You can select and remove members from a SharePoint group using Quick Actions.
- You will no longer see an error message if you try to refresh a deleted web application.
- Group Owners are loaded asynchronously when using the Add member view in Quick Actions.
- Running multiple transformations at the same time will not change the details section of a report for another transformation.
- You won't be prevented from adding a security group as a Site Collection Administrator when launching the operation through the Explorer.
- There was an issue with searching for a user ID when the field contained an email instead of a numeric ID.
- We fixed an issue that occured when running reports on a Onedrive for Business when targeting a Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- There was a performance issue on the Permissions Matrix Report that occurred when applying filters on users, or expanding all groups with a large number of entries.
- We fixed an issue that would occur when exporting a Permissions Matrix Report from All Tasks.
- We fixed an issue that would occur with date filtering in report lists if the application was opened for more than a day.
- Some systems were seeing an encoding error in the Explorer.
- We support the modern web parts People and Image.
- We better manage the migration of URLs in modern web parts.
- We improved how we manage migrations of fields with no set mapping.
- Members and Owners can be copied between two Microsoft 365 Groups.
- Connections to a Microsoft 365 root Site Collection will no longer be redirected to the Central Administration.
- ShareGate Desktop will respect your default migration speed settings when performing a duplicate site collection.
- We fixed an issue that would cause data to go missing for some columns in Copy Content.
- You can see a user display name in the tooltip when creating user mappings.
- ShareGate Desktop will not ignore permission levels mapping when merging two site collections.
- Content type web part pages will copy correctly to and from Site Page libraries in Microsoft 365.
- Fixed a problem with sorting columns in SharePoint 2003.
- Mappings are now properly taken into account when performing a pre-check analysis.
- We formed a clearer error message for unsupported update of list settings.
- We fixed an issue for list workflows in SharePoint 2007 that contain an apostrophe.
- We fixed an issue that would cause the action and destination path to be missing from the migration report when migrating with Insane Mode to Microsoft 365.
- Workflows for SharePoint 2007 will no longer see their name or description contain an encoded character in utf8 format.
- We fixed an issue that would occur when migrating the navigation settings for a site that contains subsites in a SharePoint 2016 source environment.
- We now support migrating the Set item permissions, Query User Profile, and Build String actions from On-Premises to Microsoft 365 environments.
- We fixed an issue that would occur when boolean values in Nintex forms were not lowercase.
- We fixed an issue with Nintex provisioning in Microsoft 365.
- The EULA has been updated.
- We fixed an error with ShareGate Desktop licensing that would occur when launching several operations in different PowerShell windows at the same time.