To cancel a running task on PowerShell you can use either Task Manager or the Windows Console.
Note: In both cases, the ShareGate migration tool does not undo what has already been migrated.
To cancel a running task using Task Manager you will need to:
- Open Windows Task Manager by clicking Ctrl, Alt, and Delete simultaneously.
- Select Windows PowerShell from the list.
- Click End Task.
- This will close PowerShell and kill the running task.
Note: The task may still appear as running on Sharegate migration tool even though it has ended, this is normal behavior. You may need to restart the application for the task to appear as canceled.
To cancel a running task using the Windows Console:
- Select the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C.
- After a delay, the task will end.