Issue Lists in SharePoint help teams track and categorize issues.
Migrating the history from an Issue List from SharePoint 2003 is not supported.
SharePoint 2003 has a specific built-in behavior for Issue List history. It "fakes" the version history by creating a new item, and setting the value as Related Issue in order for the old item to be shown in the Issue List's history. Because of this, the ShareGate migration tool is unable to recognize the value for the migration.
You can manually re-create your Issue List at your destination, and run a Copy content only migration for the form to be set in your destination.
Alternatively, use Export metadata to export your content as an Excel spreadsheet, and use the Version column to convert the items to the correct versions. You can then run the migration of your content based on that spreadsheet. You can follow these steps for this option:
- Seoect Copy from the menu.
- Select Copy content only.
- Connect to the source and destination list.
- Select all the source content.
- Click on Export metadata.
- Open the exported spreadsheet.
- Modify the Version column so each duplicate item is a new version at the destination.
- Return to the ShareGate app.
- Use Import and copy to import the spreadsheet to guide your migration.
Note: As of November 2021, ShareGate is no longer able to provide full support for SharePoint Server 2003 and 2007, which are past the end of their Microsoft support lifetime. For more information, see Contacting our technical support team.