- Access your security settings
- Available options
Access your security settings
- Select Settings from the sidebar.
- Select Security.
Access to Microsoft 365 resources
Click Consent... to consent to the Azure ShareGate migration tool app:
Consenting access to your Microsoft 365 resources allows the ShareGate migration tool to identify to Microsoft 365 that it is running operations on your tenant through an access token.
It does this through the Azure ShareGate migration tool app in your Azure Active Directory. The app is automatically installed when you consent through the migration tool settings.
For more information, see What is the Azure ShareGate migration app?
Note: Tenants for which consent was denied will appear below the Always consent access to your Microsoft 365 option when these tenants are present in your environment. To provide consent again, use the X to remove the tenant from the list. Then refresh the connection from the Explorer.
Site collection administrator permissions
Even if you have higher admin permissions, site collection admin permissions are required for most of the actions you can perform in the migration tool. For more information on admin permissions, see Administrative permissions.
To allow the ShareGate migration tool to automatically assign you as a site collection administrator when running procedures in Explorer or when running reports on your site collections and OneDrives:
- Toggle on Allow auto-assign as a site collection administrator when required.
- Decide to apply it to all your environments or only selected tenants or farms under To which environment connected to the ShareGate migration tool do you want to apply auto-assign?:
- Choose All my current and future connections to apply the setting to all your tenants or farms. The auto-assign feature triggers when the app crawls your content and when you do an action on a site collection.
- Choose Only on selected connections to apply the setting only on selected tenants or farms. Use the dropdowns to finalize your selection.
- In the Apply to which service? section, select whether you want your account to be assigned as an admin of SharePoint sites and/or OneDrive for Business accounts.
This setting does not affect migrations.
Tip: To assign your account as site collection admin on many site collections for a migration, you can run a site collection report on your tenant with the auto-assign setting activated.
When you disable this feature, ShareGate will give you the option to remove the site collection admin permissions from your environment. To disable and remove permissions:
- Toggle off Allow auto-assign as a site collection administrator when required.
- Click Remove permissions in the prompt to remove your account as site collection admin.
Note: The Remove permissions prompt only appears when you disable the feature on at least one environment where you were added as a site collection administrator.
This feature is toggled off by default.
Toggle on Allow the ShareGate migration tool to connect using invalid certificates to allow the ShareGate migration tool to connect using invalid certificates.
This is toggled off by default.
Note: If you attempt to connect using an invalid certificate with this option toggled off, you will receive a warning prompt offering you the option to allow or cancel the connection.