Customize your Teams migrations by selecting if you want to copy messages, files, tabs, apps, membership, and plans along with your teams.
To access the Copy options, follow the steps in the appropriate article for your scenario in the Copy teams section until you are connected to the destination.
Once connected, click to access the Teams copy options.
You can select the team items you want to include in your copy on the general screen. You can include or exclude:
- Messages - All channel conversations. Most recent messages will be copied to the Posts tab, while older messages will be in the history tab.
- Planner plans - All plans linked to the selected teams along with tasks and task comments.
- Files - All files from the team channels. Includes all files and list items found in the associated SharePoint site.
Tabs - All tabs from the team channels.
Note: Most tabs require their associated app to be installed at the destination. Enable the option below to ensure they work properly.
- Apps - All apps from the selected team will be installed at the destination.
- Membership - Membership of the selected teams and private channels will be replicated at the destination, including owners, members, and guests.
Click once you have created your configuration.
This option only applies when copying a private channel into a private team. The option is offered since members of the private channel may not be members of the private team. For the private channel copy you can:
- Never add private channel members - You can add your members manually after your migration.
- Always add private channel members - Your members will be added automatically and have access to the whole private team.
Note: Your choice applies to the current copy and future copies.