Oversee objects in your environment, run security reports, change site settings, and handle membership and permissions, among other things, with the Quick action menu.
You can find the Quick actions menu to the right of your objects list in Explorer and the results screen of most reports.
The quick actions menu is contextual. Only the options available for your selected object(s) will appear.
- Bulk edit content: Modify the content of a list or library.
- Download: Download your content to a local or shared drive.
- Duplicate site collection: Create a duplicate of an existing site collection.
- Permissions matrix report: View all the permissions assigned to your subsites, lists, libraries, folders, documents, and items.
- External sharing report: Find all the objects shared with External users or via anonymous guest links.
- Audit report: View the list of all the events that the users of a SharePoint environment have made on it. Note that this action is unavailable on public site collection and in Microsoft 365. Auditing must be activated to run the Audit Report.
- Activate auditing: Activate audit event tracking on farms, web applications, and site collections. Note that this action is unavailable on public site collection and in Microsoft 365.
- Break inheritance: Stop inheriting the parent's permissions and copy them into the highlighted object.
- Restore inheritance: Remove custom permissions, and use the parent's permissions instead.
- Remove Permissions: Revoke permissions to sites and lists for multiple users/groups.
- Check Permissions: Find all the access a specific user/group has to your SharePoint environment.
- Copy User Permissions: Copy the permissions from a source user to multiple users/groups.
- Clean Orphaned Users: Delete orphaned users (disabled in Active Directory) from farms, web applications, and site collections.
- Clean Limited Access: Remove all unnecessary "Limited Access" permissions.
- Edit: Allows you to apply a transformation to a site collection.
- Settings: Opens the settings for the selected object in SharePoint (site settings and list settings).
- Delete permanently: Deletes the selected item(s). You cannot undo this action directly in the ShareGate migration tool. You might be unable to restore some of the items from the recycle bin in some cases.
Permissions and membership
Note: Changing the membership of a Microsoft 365 group, team, or planner plan will affect the membership of the associated site collection and other objects. For more information, see The membership between Microsoft 365 Groups, Teams, Planner, and SharePoint.
- Permissions: Expand to view the selected object(s)' permission types.
- Click + Add to add new permissions.
- Administrators: Expand to view the selected object(s)' administrators.
- Click + Add to add an administrator.
- Click on Remove next to an administrator to remove them.
- External Users: Expand to view the selected object(s)' external users.
- Owners: Expand to view the selected object(s)' owners.
- Click + Add to add an owner.
- Click on Remove next to an owner to remove them.
- Members: Expand to view the selected object(s)' members.
- Click + Add to add a member.
- Click on Remove next to a member to remove them.
- Guests: Expand to view the selected object(s)' guests.
- Click + Add to add a guest.
- Click on Remove next to a guest to remove them.
Find relevant information about your selected objects and modify some elements from the migration tool. You can change specific characteristics depending on your selected object(s).
For example, if you choose a site collection, you can modify the site collection settings. If you choose a list, you can turn versioning on. If you select a group, you can change your group's privacy to be private or public.
Training video: For more info, watch Quick actions overview.