This article explains how to manage user access to Cloud copy.
For information on managing user access to the migration tool, see How can I manage access to ShareGate's migration tool?
Who has access to Cloud copy?
Once a global admin has consented the Azure ShareGate migration tool app, any global admin or SharePoint admin with Teams admin permissions can use Cloud copy.
Note: Permissions granted through Azure PIM might not work or could cause unauthorized errors during an operation.
Restrict access to Cloud copy
You can restrict user access to Cloud copy through the Azure Portal with the steps below:
- Sign in to your Microsoft Azure portal as a global administrator.
- Navigate to the Enterprise applications service (either through the search bar or from the Azure services section).
- Use the search field to find ShareGate.
- In the list of your applications, select ShareGate migration tool 2.0. You will be brought to the Overview page.
- From the menu, under Manage, select Properties.
- Set Assignment required? to Yes.
- Click Save.
- From the menu, under Manage, click Users and groups.
- From the Users and groups page, add users to grant access or remove users to remove access.