When using Cloud copy, you can adjust your copy options to affect your teams at the destination.
- Follow the steps from the appropriate Cloud copy walkthrough until you land on the Copy options page.
- Adjust the settings listed below.
- Complete the Cloud copy operation.
Each tab offers several settings you can change to affect your migration. The available tabs depend on the Cloud copy feature you use.
Only available with Copy an entire team as a new team.
In the Team settings tab, you can change the following:
- Team name - Change the team's name at the destination.
- Team privacy - Change the team's privacy setting at the destination.
Only available with Merge an entire team into an existing team and Copy channels into an existing team.
Change the Channels' names at the destination.
Available for all Cloud copy features.
You can select the team objects you want to exclude at the destination. Under the Team objects tab, you can exclude the following:
- Messages - All channel conversations. Most recent messages will be copied to the Posts tab, while older messages will be in the history tab.
- Planner plans - All plans linked to the selected teams, along with tasks and task comments.
- Files - All files from the team channels. Includes all files and list items found in the associated SharePoint site.
Tabs - All tabs from the team channels.
Note: Most tabs require their associated app installed at the destination. Enable the option below to ensure they work properly.
- Apps - All apps from the selected team will be installed at the destination.
- Membership - Membership of the selected teams and private channels will be replicated at the destination, including owners, members, and guests.
Click once you have created your configuration.
This option only applies when copying a private channel into a private team.
You get this option since members of the private channel may not be members of the private team. For the private channel copy, you can select one of the following:
- Never add private channel members - You can add your members manually after your migration.
- Always add private channel members - Your members will be added automatically and have access to the whole private team.
Note: Your choice applies to the current copy and future copies.
Map your users and groups. For more information, see User mapping.